Thursday, March 17, 2005

Fairport Convention Song Helps Police Families

Fairport Convention Song Helps Police Families: "
The Fairport Convention song 'Who Knows Where The Time Goes' has been recorded by Vanessa Wheeler as a charity single to help the devastated families left behind when an officer is killed on duty."...

...In March 2004 Ian Northcott, one of Vanessa's friends,introduced her to 'Sandy Denny' and Fairport Convention. Vanessa fell in love with the song, Who Knows Where The Time Goes. She decided to recored the song as a charity single.

Ian is a long term fan of Fairport Convention and contacted the band when Vanessa was let down by musicians and recording facilities. Simon Nicol and Fairport duly stepped in to help.

"I cannot tell you what a fantastic day I had yesterday recording The Rose and Who Knows Where The Time Goes with Simon" says Vanessa. "It was an amazing experience to say the least. The first run through of WKWTTG, the first time with Simon, was very nervy. Once I got the first one out of the way I relaxed and I really think I have done justice to Sandy's song. Simon, of course, played superbly. A surprise for me was Chris Leslie playing a superb fiddle part. Many thanks to chris too".